Friday 18 January 2013

Student Teacher: Scott Mackenzie from SFU

Our class will be welcoming Scott Mackenzie as a student teacher.  This will be his final practicum and will be teaching for 80% of the time for six weeks.  Next week, Scott Mackenzie will be observing in our classroom.  In the second week, Scott Mackenzie will slowly intergrate into the classroom.  By the third week, he will be teaching at 80%.  Below, is a brief letter from Scott Mackenzie.  If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to meet him, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mr. Blick
Grade 5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!
My name is Scott Mackenzie. I am an SFU Education student and as part of our program we are required to do a practicum in a B.C school. My parents live in Creston and I arranged the experience to be in Adam Robertson Elementary. My first day is January 21st and I’ll be at the school until April 10th. I’ll be in Mr. Blick’s class mentoring with him and working with your children so I wanted to introduce myself to you.
 I’m returning to university after being away from school for a number of years. I’m originally from Manitoba and my 1st degree is in Business. After university I taught English in Chile. When I returned to Canada I got a job more in line with my degree and was a Recruiter for a computer consulting company in Winnipeg. I missed teaching however and moved to Taiwan to teach English again. Teaching is where my heart is and so I enrolled in SFU’s Professional Development Program and was accepted into the international module.  My classmates and I just spent October and November teaching Tibetan refugee children in Northern India. It was an amazing experience and I hope to be able to share some of my experiences with your children.
I’m looking forward to my time in Mr. Blick’s classroom and working with your children. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me at the school. If you wish to visit me in person we can certainly arrange that.
Regards,
Scott Mackenzie

1 comment: